This course provides a basic insight in the specifications and code of practice for ISO/IEC20000 and covers the second edition of the standard (ISO/IEC 20000 1:2011) which cancels and replaces the first edition (ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005). Some of the main differences are as follows:
• closer alignment to ISO 9001
• closer alignment to ISO/IEC 27001
• change of terminology to reflect international usage
• clarification of the requirements for the governance of processes operated by other parties
• clarification of the requirements for defining the scope of the SMS
• clarification that the PDCA methodology applies to the SMS, including the service management processes, and the services
• introduction of new requirements for the design and transition of new or changed services. Students who have attended this course are suitably prepared to successfully take the associated ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation certification test which is one of the possible pre-requisites for the Practitioner qualification.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of Service Management concepts will be helpful.
Price per trainee